Auckland Archives office
- Customs Inwards letter – The High Commissioner for New Zealand, London – Alexander Wright – passenger to Auckland per “Rimutaka” leaving London 12 June 1908 (possibly great grandfather)
Wellington Archives office
- Probate file for Patrick James O’Rourke – 1908 (great great uncle)
- Probate file for George Tunnecliff – 1912 (great great great grandfather)
- Probate file for Alice Tunnecliff – 1919 great great great uncle’s wife)
- Probate file for Henry Richard Florey – 1916 (great great grandfather)
- Probate file for Elizabeth Ann Florey – 1922 (great great grandfather’s wife)
- Probate file for Michael McGonnell – 1929 (great great grandfather)
- Probate file for George Tunnecliff – 1942 (great great great uncle)
- Coroners Inquest Report for Henry (Harry) Florey (great great grandfather)
- Coroners Inquest Report for Annie Florey (great great grandmother)
National Library, Wellington
- NZ Tablet – obituary for Bartholomew O’Rourke – 1923 (great great grandfather)
- NZ Tablet – obituary for Bridget Power O’Rourke – 1914 (great great grandmother)
- Locate cassette tape of Lally Coppinger’s interview (first cousin, twice removed)
- Take photograph of St Mary of the Angels church, Wellington – grandparents’ wedding venue
- Remuera cemetery, Auckland – locate burial plot for Annie Florey
- Take photographs of living relatives!
- Identify as many people/places in photographs as possible in my father’s collection
- Scan older photographs and documents in my father’s collection
- Collect information about paternal grandfather’s life for future assignment
I think this might be a bit ambitious, given that we’re only in New Zealand for three weeks, and it’s supposed to be a holiday for the whole family, and not just me! Reviewing the list, I’m not sure it’s worth going to the Auckland Archives office this trip, as I think the only time I’ll have to do it, will be just after a 26 hour flight with three kids. Yikes!
Two more sleeps and we’re off – can’t wait!